Misheard lyrics?

Have you ever mistakenly sang the wrong lyrics to a song? I always sing "rock the cashbar" even though I KNOW it's "rock the casbah" (the Clash).

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• For years I swear I thought the opening line of "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees was this line:

"You can't tell by the way I use my voice if I'm a woman or a man, but that's my choice"

His voice is so high there, it actually is kinda logical, if non-sensical!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There's one song that I still don't know the words too, it sounds like "Wrapped up in a douche." Blinded by the light.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My aunt thought the Aerosmith song "Dude looks like a lady" was "Do the fucking lady". LOL!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It took me forever to convince my husband that the song "Birthday Sex" WAS infact "Sex" and not "Texts" LOL. It also sounds like Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" is really saying "Fa fa f*ck her face" although I'm pretty sure that's a bit intentional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I used to think Time Bomb by Rancid went "black coat white shoes black cadillac, the poison time bomb" Or System of a Down Chop Suey "falling deerheads I condemn my spirit". I thought that made no sense.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Shanna, its "revved up like a deuce" sounds like douche to me too! That's the way I sing it. LOL!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ooooohhhh, revved up like a deuce does make so much more sense. But I like my version better. :)
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Credence Clearwater Revival's, "there's a bad moon on the rise" once, I heard some jerk singing it, "there's a bathroom on the right" and now I can never hear it the right way again! aaaarrrgghhh!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• lol yes i have to a group called Red i just dont remember the songs names cuz it was a long time ago lol
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011