Advice on weight gain.

I feel bad bc I actually do worry about how much weight im gaining. I am 5'7 && was 120 when I got pregnant. I've gained 36 pounds so far && im 34 weeks pregnant. I feel horrible like I hate to be naked or look at myself in the mirror now don't get me wrong im still eating like I should im giving her her vitamins so im not putting her life at risk. My mom tells me her favorite quote often which is " She was worth the WEIGHT" I also feel bad bc Im never in "The Mood" anymore bc I don't feel sexy or anything and I feel like the way I look will gross him out. I feel like I might actually be going into a depression. If anyone has any advice please help me out. Feel free to email me also.

CourtneyAnn8690

Asked by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your weight gain sounds like its in the normal range, so you did not blow up by any means. Don't stare at the mirror, and what I do to help get myself in the mood, I wear a really cute and sexy piece of lingerie something that covers you up in the right spots and lifts and accentuates the parts you like.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Sorry I cannot really help. I am in the same boat. I am 37 weeks and have gained 36 pounds. He tells me not to worry because it will all come off after shes out. But she isnt out yet.

I hope things get better. Although I am told we are in the normal weight gain range. Some people gain 50+ pounds.
    Anonymous

• i look like i swallowed a basketball!!! i am 38 wks and i am 122 lbs. what makes it so bad 4 me is my body frame is so little...i am 5'2 and i have never weighed this much and its really putting a strain on my body...but i know when she is born it will go away... and i think no matter what size we are, pregnant women are some of the most beautiful..because we have a glow to us
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 5:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I WAS 140 WHEN I GOT PREGNET ,AND I GAINED 50LBS I FELT BAD TO BUT I LOST 35LBS RIGHT OFF THE BAT THEN LOST THE REST FAST SO DONT WORRY PLUS U AINT GOT THAT LONG TO GO GOOD LUCK
    flgatorchick15

Answer by flgatorchick15 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008