FB drama -Family issue

My niece who is married posted a pic and made a comment about her maternal grandmother ,autn and mom. It was relayed back to my mom who is her grandmother and in hindsight it was a diss to my mom since she stated mom, aunt and grandmother were the best in the world and no could compare....What happened afterwards is that my brother(her uncle) sent an e-mail to her and to make a long story short she deleted a few family members from being on her friend's list. My mom personally called her to find out what my brother did and then my niece took me back on fb but not my brother and his wife. Well fastforward three months later, and his wife is fussing about how she is not added on her friend's list but I got added on. My brother told her to take him off too so that is exactly what she did including his wife too. My brother told my mom you better fix this because it is going to come out that your daughter was part of confirming the pic and comment. Just ridiculous how I got involved in this drama and mind you my brother and his wife are 55 years old. My father passed a month ago and they are more worried about facebook then anything else . Wht should I say to my brother and his anal wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell them to stay off facebook!! Do they think they are acting like adults..? Because they sound like children to me. I personally have a facebook, but My God.. when adults do this "drama" thing.. it really annoys me.. Sorry about your dad.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think you all need to step away from FB for a while. I am sorry for your loss.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Um, have you read your post? It all sounds very childish. If fb is such a problem, then delete it. It should't be a substitute for real family interactions. Sorry, :(
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It is too bad that fb is used in a 'passive/aggressive way - to complain or make comments/remarks about others instead of talking directly to the person/s they have issues with and then by the time the person finds out what was said or wrote it gets blown up into a big drama. Maybe you could suggest people take some 'time off' from fb and talk directly to each other?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i too agree that this is all a little off the wall, but to really help you with your problem, I would have to say" tell them all, we are being childish, it was a horrible mistake, I apologise is anyone was offended, but dad just passed and we need get passed this to be a better family. and hope that, that works. good luck. and sorry for your loss.. feel better..
    pook003

Answer by pook003 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I never write to family unless it is a birthday or a death. I block postings too. I hide my friend's list and and even when posting pics I hide them too. I interact more with friends and old bosses and never had a problem. I am way more mature than my brother and I am much younger. His wife is really immature becasue they forget that they told my niece to take them off her friend's list. I realize how silly it may seem but mind you my brother has a master's degree.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with pookiekins!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think fb is a bunch of over reaction space.......................I think WAY to much personal info is put for the world to see and who cares who is on your friends lists!!!!!! If all we had to worry about was who accepted us and who deleted us from face book the world would really be a sorry place. JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• This is EXACTLY why I have maybe a few family members on from a long way back, and I don't add any more family members. I just tell them that's my policy due to reasons I choose not to get into.

what I don't get, is why was this post a diss on your mom? was it because she wasn't mentioned as being one of the greatest?
    I'm a little confused.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Personally, I'd tell them that they're behaving like immature children and they need to get off of FB. This sound ridiculous and childish.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011