What kind of parent has Toddlers and Tiaras?

This must be for women who didn't have dolls when they were a child and now they exploit their kids and how not to raise a child. Yeah, making toddlers look like preteens
or young adults is cute and adorable?...Really? This is wrong on every level and now we know why kids grow up with an attitude! Those people are sick and the guy who runs the show, is a pedifile!

NikkiVan1

Asked by NikkiVan1 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• The kind that want to live vicariously through their child and make them act out all their childhood fantasies. No wonder there are so many teenage pregnancies; these girls don't grow up to value themselves.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ummm.

My only thought is seeing those 'girls'...they are horribly behaved, spoiled, rotten, rude...so someone tell me why the mothers think that this is a good idea again? Oh, right, must be for themselves, not the kids
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Eh, while I could care less about beauty pageants, particularly for my DD, when it comes to shows like Toddlers & Tiaras, I remind myself that the producers are out to make a show that will cause people like us to talk about it like this. They're only showing the most outrageous stuff. Probably most of it is staged anyway.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with JMP, although I am totally against glitz pageants for little girls.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think that show is a little on the extreme side. I've heard that a majority of people who do pageants aren't like that.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 7:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would love to enroll my daughter in pageants. They are just too expensive.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Pageants are big around here. I don't have a DD, so I don't really have to worry about it. But none of the moms here really go over the top like that
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I agree with Kari727, they are just living thru their daughters and not caring how much they may be messing those kids up.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 9:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2011