My son is 2years old and show all the signs of wanting to start potty training, but every time I try he goes crazy or after sitting on the potty for 2 to 3 hours without going ill just get frustrated and put a pull up on him. And as soon as I put the pull up on him he'll pee-pee. Could some please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Been there. I tried starting him on the potty a little after 2 and yes, sometimes we sat there for over an hour! We read potty books, did stickers, I even brought a portable DVD player in there. All so when he FINALLY did a tiny tinkle I could jump up and down and clap my hands and tell him what a big boy he was for peeing on the potty.
    Well, a few weeks of that got old quick. I put him back in diapers, waited until he was 3 had had MUCH more success.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You sit him on the potty for 2 or 3 hours???
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sitting there for 2 - 3 hours? That's insane. He may not be quite ready yet, 2 years is still young for some kids to start potty training.
    Anonymous

• I'd try a reward chart something simple, and easy goals, take him to the dollar store, tell him after he pee pees 3 times he gets to pick out a toy, the next week try 5 times, and say we can go to the playground or play a new game or something... worse comes to worse just wait a little longer. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Then he's NOT ready. It's becoming a battle of wills and you can't win this one. A reward chart is great. When I potty trained my kids (both were 3) I took the diaper off and put underware on. No pull ups. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• he will do it when he's ready... growing up leads to growing old... and growing old is not a race!
    Sweetpea78c

Answer by Sweetpea78c at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• boys are harder to potty train so be patient and good luck
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My daughter didn't train until she was 3.
    I'm assuming that you mean you have use the potty without a pull up for 2-3 hours every 15 minutes or something rather than sit him there for hours at a shot. If I'm wrong then PLEASE stop doing that to your child and check out some books or videos on potty training.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Alright let me reword what I stated earlier...i dont force my son to sit on the potty for hours its just after it became a routine for him he thinks its just a seat he sits in. I ask for other parents advice not for anyone to get affended. So please I dont need child services at my door over a question. Iam a good mother to both of kids and cant image life without them so please dont sit up here and make it into something its not. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Don't get offended that people need clarification.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011