Can this be from the heat?

it was like 92 yesterday and when I woke my 6 year old up this morning for school she was crying saying her belly hurt so she didn't go to school of course today which sucks cause she only has until next week left. But that is all that is wrong with her. She went back to bed until about 945 then woke up she is eating toast now at 1230 and she is in her room watching tv although she does have a fever of 100. Can this be from the heat yesterday? My youngest 3 years. Was fine a little bit this morning, but she kept laying around after a couple hours and yawning (no fever) so I put her to watch tv in her room as well and she fell asleep (not sure how long she slept), but she is still laying down. It isn't as hot as yesterday it is maybe middle 80s today. But can this be due to the heat? We don't have central air so it is pretty hot in their room I have a fan in the window, but it is still hot in there and they wont use a sheet to cover with they get mad they want a blanket and their blanket is pretty heavy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Heat doesn't cause fevers and bellyaches unless she's suffering from heat stroke which I seriously doubt. Sounds more like a flu-like virus or something.
    Anonymous

• if she was outside playing she may be sun burnt thats the only thing i can think of that would cause fever but the stomach aches im not sure....
    shayanna6710

Answer by shayanna6710 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• she doesn't have a sun burn.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2011