Restless legs

Other than a prescription for restless legs, does anyone have any suggestions how to make my legs stop moving during the night? I am exhausted. I have tried sleeping on my stomach with my feet pushed against the foot boart, getting up and moving around, deep knee bends...

Wyomingmama

Asked by Wyomingmama at 12:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• I wish I knew!!!! I am keeping my eye on this question!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I take magesium to manage my RLS; does the trick. It is a natural muscle relaxant (works great for PMS cramps too) and a deficiency in this mineral is thought to be one of the reasons for RLS.
    Anonymous

• You know, that's a toughy. I have it as well. You should get your ferriton(sp) levels checked. Sometimes RLS is caused by a defficancy, damn can't spell today. Another thing that can help is excersise. My son has it as well. Here is some info that I found.
    TreatmentsThere is no known cure for restless leg syndrome. Treatment is aimed at reducing stress and helping the muscles relax. The following techniques may help:
    •Warm baths
    •Gentle stretching exercises
    •Massage
    Low doses of pramipexole or ropinirole (Requip) can be very effective at controlling symptoms in some people.

If your sleep is severely disrupted, your health care provider may prescribe medications such as Sinemet (an anti-Parkinson's medication), gabapentin and pregabalin, or tranquilizers such as clonazepam. However, these medications may cause daytime sleepiness.
    Patients with iron deficiency will receive iron supplements.
    Low doses of
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• try soaking in a luke warm bath with epson salt right before bed 10 minutes of that and go to bed it works for me
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• cut out the dairy & take an iron supplement. Low iron is a primary cause of RLS. Dairy can interfere in the absorption of iron.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011