Milestones for 6 months

my son is 6 months old and i am worried he is not reaching his milestones, i talked with his peds. and he said just keep wacthing him closely..
By when your child was 6 months what milestones had he or she reached, maybe knowing yours i wont feel so worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd will be six months old in a week. She can sit up by herself, even from her tummy. She has mastered crawling, and in the last few days she has figured out how to use furniture to pull herself to standing. She can also roll over both ways.
    Anonymous

• sitting up by herself, and babbling a lot she was saying "mama" "dada" and "aboo" (for nursing) thats about it. They don't do a whole lot at 6 months and it varies drastically from baby to baby. If you are only looking for gross motor and speech you may miss the fine motor stuff which could be your babies strength picking up and banging toys together, shaking rattles, finger feeding, holding a bottle or placing hands on your breast if you're nursing you may also notice him playing with your hair when you hold him for feedings. Hope this helps and good luck! You can get help from Early Intervention if he does fall behind since it's better to get caught up now, but he has to be a couple months behind at least first so just watch him.
    unwieldingdream

Answer by unwieldingdream at 3:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The BabyCenter charts are the BEST! http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc
    The charts have three colums - the first column has skills that most kids this age can do. The second column has skills that half of the kids this age can do. The last column has skills that a few kids this age can do.

At 6-months, my daughter could roll over both ways, could FINALLY sit without support, had just started crawling, and was sticking everything she could get ahold of in her mouth. She wasn't babbling much - like many babies who push for physical goals, the mental ones lagged behind.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• mine is same as 1st response,my lil one was sitting unsported at 3months rolling both ways also,crawling at 5months and standing up holding on,she is 6months now and can stand for a few seconds by her self
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter is almost seven months and isn't doing any of what the other moms are saying! She just started sitting but still face plants every once in awhile, she's rolling but not crawling. She's waving hello and saying hi and dada. I think at this age babies do things at such different paces, it's hard to tell what's on track or behind. I would look at the babycenter charts, though, because they do tell you that some kids may not be doing the same things.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son is a little over 5 months and he can't sit up un supported yet. He can roll from front to back. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about what milestones your son has or hasn't completed yet, enjoy what he is able to do now, because before long, he's going to be running around and you won't be able to catch him. I read in a parenting magazine last night that you shouldn't even bother with what the other kids are doing, because all babies are different and each little thing falls into place when it comes to their milestones. Your little one is just fine, he'll be running before you know it.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008