Decorating a Nursery..!?!

I have a 1 year old baby boy and am currently 3 months pregnant both babies will be sharing one room for the time being seeing how i live in a two bedroom apartment. My question for you all is what are some ways to decorate a room if i happen to give birth to a girl. i dont want the room to be too girlie nor boyish and i just want both of them to enjoy it. Other then colors is there a theme i can go with that works for both sexes? i just moved in so i havent done much to the room for my little guy other then buy his bedroom set which is blue and brown and toys are kinda scattered making it easier for him to play with. it is a small room also and getting another crib in here to make the room look larger will be a task in its self. Another thought i had was to get a twin bed for the oldest and use my old crib for the baby do you think thats a good idea or is he too small for a big bed? HELP!

MinnieMoni

Asked by MinnieMoni at 12:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can do bugs, frogs, or lizards for the boy and butterflies or fireflies for the girl. You can do a western theme with pink bandanna accents for the girl and red or blue bandannas for the boy. You can do a fairytale castle with knights or dragons for the boy and princesses for the girl. I thought about doing a puppy theme for my twins with cute brown puppies for my son and fluffy white puppies with bows for my daughter.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• we are talking about the same room for each theme you would incoporate all these things? dont you think the colors will clash thats what im worried about
    MinnieMoni

Comment by MinnieMoni (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You can keep it in the same color scheme basically throughout the room and just add a few gender specific accents on and around each child's bed. Pick one nice accent color to use throughought the room that goes nicely with both themes. Yellow could go nicely with green frogs and with pink butterflies, so you could use it as your main non-neutral color throughout the room.

When my twins were infants my daughter had pink/white/brown bedding with butterflies, and my son had green/white/brown bedding with elephants. Both sets were from the same Amy Coe line at Target, and we used brown throughout the room. If you need crib sized bedding for both you can find a girl version and a boy version for some lines that will have one or two common colors that bring them together.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Each sentence in my first response is a separate idea for a possible shared room. You can use one basic theme throughout the room and then just add some gender specific details on or near each child's bed. I didn't mean to try using them all in one room. Like with a western theme you could use a lot of browns or denims throughout, but then add some more gender specific details still in the same theme for each child.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011