Unisex Baby Room HELP

I have a 1 year old baby boy and am currently 3 months pregnant both babies will be sharing one room for the time being seeing how i live in a two bedroom apartment. My question for you all is what are some ways to decorate a room if i happen to give birth to a girl. i dont want the room to be too girlie nor boyish and i just want both of them to enjoy it. Other then colors is there a theme i can go with that works for both sexes? i just moved in so i havent done much to the room for my little guy other then buy his bedroom set which is blue and brown and toys are kinda scattered making it easier for him to play with. it is a small room also and getting another crib in here to make the room look larger will be a task in its self. Another thought i had was to get a twin bed for the oldest and use my old crib for the baby do you think thats a good idea or is he too small for a big bed? HELP!

MinnieMoni

Asked by MinnieMoni at 12:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's closer to 2 then a twin bed with side rails would work or even a toddler bed..it's smaller then a crib and a twin bed. go with like whinney the poo or jungle theme something like that...you could split the room blue and brown on his side and brown and pink if you have a girl...GL
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Baby looney toons
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm a grandma, and have raised 2 kids of my own, and helped raise 4 grandkids. The twin bed is a good idea. But being so young, you have to be careful with him falling out of bed, or getting up during the night. Baby proof everything so your little Angel won't get hurt. He will soon get used to his new bed. Best of luck with your sweet Angels.
    grandma2011

Answer by grandma2011 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i would put him in a toddler bed being so little he needs the rails..
    You can do under the sea and do a bunch of colorful fish. or a jungle.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would probably try to get a bassinet for the new baby and leave your son in his crib for a few more months. As for decorating you could do animals, or alphabet themes, or just do basic colors like red, blue, yellow and green, that way it isn't all pinks or baby blues. Or I do love the idea of brown/blue for the boy's side and brown/pink for the girl's side, too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• for my baby girl we did a cowboy/ cowgirl theme.. Since we are currently living with my parents, my nephews come and stay over all the time so we had to make it mutual.. What we did was buy her girly set of cowgirl sheets for her crib and on the bed just put a brown comforter.. and with the walls we hung horseshoes and a cowboy hat for them.OR if you didn't like the idea of just plain cowboy/cowgirl then u could do the toystory theme with.. since there is that cowgirl
    jenna_rose

Answer by jenna_rose at 2:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would start with the baby in your room until he/she sleeps through the night or else you could possibly be dealing with 2 kids in the middle of the night. Also, maybe you can take the smaller room and put both kids in the big room so there is more room. Since you just bought bedding for your little guy, get a similar pattern for a girl or exchange for green/yellow which are considered neutral colors. I would stick with the crib as long as you can, maybe even get a convertible crib for when u need a bed. Good luck, I hope you figure something out, at least you have a while!!!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Dragonflies,Zoo Theme,Winnie The Pooh,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• any animals... i like the idea of having half the room one color and the other another - or finding a theme that incorporates both girls and boys - cowgirl/cowboy - sounds cute
    Sweetpea78c

Answer by Sweetpea78c at 3:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Old McDonalds Farm with lots of animals & soft colors. Blues, yellows, greens & a little pink for the pigs! Kidsline Crib bedding had a "barnyard" theme bedding that I used for my Son and it was really unisex & bright & cute.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2011