Is it too soon?

We are moving this Friday. Nothing is going according to plan and it looks like my son may have to spend the night with my parents. He is 14 months and sleeps in our bed. I'm afraid of him spending the night because he has never been away from me that long? I don't know what else to do. Is it a little too soon for him to spend the night somewhere?

cmgIII

Asked by cmgIII at 12:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He will be just fine. It's never really too soon for the child, it's usually just too soon for the momma lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• He will be staying with your parents? I think that's great!!!! You need some time and grams and gramps need some snuggle time, enjoy
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm just worried that he won't sleep very well since he sleeps with my husband and I. I don't want him sleeping in my parents bed because they aren't used to it and they may roll over on him. Plus my mom says my dad is a bed hog! Lol! I'm just anxious about it :(
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't believe it is too early, if he is comfortable with that set of grandparents. Make it exciting for him! Get excited that he is having his first sleep over with grandma and grandpa and that he will have sooooo much fun!! And just my opinion, it is time for him to start sleeping in his own bed. He is old enough to do so and it is better for you and your husband and for your son!
    AuntieEarl

Answer by AuntieEarl at 12:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Believe me...I know he needs to sleep in his own bed. Everytime I get a routine started, my husband ruins it. He can't stand hearing him cry! Lol!
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It's never really too soon for the child, it's usually just too soon for the momma lol
    Zakysmommy

Couldn't have said it better myself. I actually had a conversation on just this topic with my 7 year old son the other day. My head knows he's growing up and all that but he's my BABY and Mom just has a hard time letting her BABY grow up. He's so ready to go off and do things that I'm just not ready to let him do, even though my head knows he'll be fine.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011