Does anyone know of a legitimate work-at-home job?

6 months pregnant and going insane not having a job to help support my family. Husband does have a job, but we need extra cash to help pay with the bills and have a little extra on the side. Please, if any advice on a legitimate work-at-home job, please let me know! Desperate here!!!

babydrama252011

Asked by babydrama252011 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• "Jobs" are nearly impossible to find. Those that have an employer and earn a paycheck from home worked in the office and proved themselves for years before given the opportunity. Most people who work from home do so by either going with a direct selling company or starting their own business, even if just something as simple as selling on ebay!

I, personally, manage our Carpet Cleaning business from home. I'm also a beachbody coach...selling workout systems such as P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and more and just motivating, inspiring and helping others get fit and lose weight. I Love it. You can find more info about it at: www.FitWithMelissa.com
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I disagree...a lot of jobs are moving to remote locations. I work as an independent contractor for several of them. You can try the normal job boards and type in "remote" or "telecommute" when doing the search. You will have to dig through tons of scams, trust me...but jobs are available. If you are an outgoing type, tons of companies hire sales reps who work from home. Insurance, phone service, appointment setters, etc...

You can also take whatever it is you're good at or like doing, and find a way to sell it or provide it to others. I'm a writer and work for businesses doing that. My friend had been working in fashion and has now replaced her former income just selling her dresses on etsy. If you want to chat more, PM me...I have to finish working now! It can be done though! Good luck! And no, if you PM me, I am not recruiting and will not try and sell you on my business.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• checkout the GROUPS on CM. Work at home jobs/businesses etc...lots of options. Work at home moms classifieds etc...
    Good Luck Mama!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I know you said you were looking for an at home job, but have you ever thought about your own home based business? I work from home online and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms who specialize in helping each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I could type a lot and have a like a huge paragrauph of exactly what I do but i'd rather give you my phone number and talk to you one on one so that i can answer your questions. I live in New Cumberland,PA and my name is Crystal phone number is 717-712-0869 I have a 2 year old and about to have another boy due june 27th. If you don't want to call me you could drop me an email at crystalhasadream@gmail.com
    Freedom717

Answer by Freedom717 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• well this is not a job or a busness but it might help bring in a bit of money Try this i just ran into this and to me its cool but its not a fast way to make money unless you have alot of friends any way its Free and i do mean Free so all you do is watch ads thats it watch up to 20 ads aday and you could start earning money but you earn even more money if you get other people to start watching these ads too so come and check it out you have nothing to lose : http://www.varolo.com/village/artzone
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 11:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hi! I am a fashion consultant for Vault Denim. You can check out my website at www.vaultdenim.com/nickiaddison If you have any questions, please email me at www.nickiaddison@vaultdenim.com I can set up a time for you to listen to a webinar that includes information on the compensation. Thanks. Have a great day!
    nickirae11

Answer by nickirae11 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011