Vent... 18 weeks prego and MIL said name we've picked is...

"faggy". Can you believe that? How f**king rude, besides being politally incorrect. Whether she does or doesn't like the name, she was out of line!!!!! I told my dh that we should keep the name to ourselves until he is born because then ppl can't complain about it once the name is the name, ya know. He didn't listen. I'm outraged!

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Baby Names

• Man, Drew isn't "faggy" at all. What an insensitive bitch.
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 12:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would tell her to go fuck herself. My mother wanted me to name our daughter Shaelynn SOOO bad, but we named her Danika instead. Middle name is Noelle. Oh well, MY daughter, MY choice of name.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What a COW! I would totally tell her to piss off!

And for your husband...he shouldn't get off without a severe tongue lashing too. If you agreed to keep the name to yourselves and he spilled the beans, he would be in big trouble!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I remember those days! My oldest is named Connor, and my mil said "CONNOR???? Where did you come up with THAT name??" (said in a tone that made it seem as if it were the most outrageous and bizzare name she has ever heard). I think no matter what you name your baby you will find someone will not like it and will have to make a rude comment about it. I would simply smile and reply with a "well that maybe your oppinion, but I happen to like the name! And it IS my baby, so I can name him whatever I choose!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• How is DREW a "faggy" name? It's a nickname for Andrew, either name can't get any more "boy".

My MIL hated the name we picked out for our son. But it was a name HER son wanted to name his son since college. By the time he was born, she got over it.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Drew?? Love that name!! Tell her to pound sand... your kid, your choice!!! I'd stick with it, saying often just to piss her off after that comment!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What's the name?
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Now I'm curious what the name is. Still, that baby is your baby. You can't please everybody. I'd just ignore her. And honestly, I hate being told what to do, so I'd probably be even more dead set to name my kid that. lol
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 12:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ah, this is why we didn't tell anyone what names we'd picked. Just ignore MIL and go with what you want.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Tell her to kick rocks! She sounds like an idiot
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011