How many Direct Selling businesses did you try before finding "success"?

I know a few very, very successful people in the DS industry. Many of them tried 5-7 different companies before finding success. I'm about to embark on my 4th. I'm afraid of failing again and having people roll their eyes at me when they find out I'm doing yet ANOTHER DS business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've been with 5 before signing up with Beachbody. For me, it's the right fit and match, the others weren't so much. But being with the others taught me a lot about advertising and marketing myself and my business. So, now that i've found the company for me, I'm doing fantastic and couldn't be happier! www.FitWithMelissa.com
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have learned a lot being with different companies and it's a learning process!:-) I finally found my business!

I have a Gift Basket Business and I love it and yes it is legit!:-)

I do this all from home:-) This may or not be for you, but thought I offer:-)

What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties required,no quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check .:-) If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-) Which will be ending soon.
    After 7 days it's $19.95 a month! That's it!
    Great ways to make extra money:-)
    3 ways to make money:
    recruiting
    sales
    corporate membership

Have a Beautiful Day!:-)
    Best of luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    Gift Bask
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• 1 I tried Melaleuca for 2 1/2 year before Finding Prepaid Legal services...I made more income in 7 months with Daily Direct Deposits than I did in 2 1/2 years combine total with Mela.

Why, well I think honestly a hhhuuugggeee part of it is that if you listen to FOLKS, like just common people...they are done for right now with all the extra products parties etc. Honestly Im not trying to put anyones business down , I will give you a Prime example. My GF just last week asked me to host an online and catalog party for 10 days! I sent it to nearly 400 women on FB and 150 on e-mail...YES EVERYONE KNEW IT WASN"t a NEW BIZ for me....I got 2 orders..that all...everyone who had said yes, i re-contacted and they all said I want to but Im broke and really dont need more stuff.

Now for me when I started this, I made 550.00 in my first 7 days without knowing anything..and NOW 1 1/2 years later Im the #2 leader in the State of NJ
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Just the 1 I am in now. I love it. Good Luck to you!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Just this one for me...TASTEFULLY SIMPLE!!! Almost 4 years and going STRONG!!!
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 9:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I tried 1 before I found Scentsy and Scentsy has been very successful for me in less than a year. I was starting up another one but I am going to drop that because Scetnsy is really getting busy.

honestly though, really look into the business you want to start. Here's a few rules I follow:

1) I don't go with any business that is more than 10 years old. You will get "I already have a consultant" or "I already tried that" too often.

2) I don't go with any business that allows their people to make income claims.

3) they have to have a product I will love to use. Gotta have passion

4) get to know your sponsor well!

ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I've done 3 before finding the right one. In some of the businesses the training was poor and no one would help you. Plus the business I'm currently doing has some of the things I'm looking for in a business. Plus people are interested in what I have to offer. Feel free to look at my website www.bonnie.lovablelabels.ca.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 12:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011