Best Online School For CSI?

I am a SAHM of two boys and want to become a CSI or something similar in that field. I do not want to send my boys to a daycare and almost all my family lives 2 1/2 hours away so I would like to stay home with them. I guess my question is: have you, or someone you know successfully completed a CSI degree online? ANY info would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• You are going to need to be doing hands on work. You should look into a local community college to see what they offer as far as online courses to go along with the hands on courses.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Honestly I wouldn't bother with this field. My ex husband thought the same thing when we were still married, except he actually went to college for it. He got a degree in both Criminal Justice and Criminal Investigations, went to a school that did LOTS on training from digging up a skeleton, doing mock interrogations, mock crime scenes, etc etc and he graduated with a bachelors and Associates a year ago and can't find a job in the field....he even did an internship in a parole office. And he works at Sears, part-time!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thank you for the comments! Crazy he cant find a job in that field, I thought it would have a lot of openings :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yeah, when he said that was what he wanted to go back to school for it was said to be the top growing field and that the number of job openings would exceed those in the field, and la de da....but economics and times have changed. He's desperately been looking in his field for a year now.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• well my dh always tells people theres always department of corrections there always hiring.good luck! :) if u really neeed a job thatll pay the bills im not gonna lie they dont get paid as much as they should, but its enough to keep yourself afloat
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• One thing you can do is call your local community college and ask around for programs in biopharmaceutical technology. That's what I got my 2nd degree in and our State Bureau of Investigations hires graduates from that program to work in their lab. You can take some of the classes online, but a lot of it is lab work so has to be done in a lab.

Answer by missanc at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nope, very few job openings in that field. Firstly, because it's a small field to begin with. Then everybody watches the TV show and thinks it looks "cool" and the market is flooded.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011