Does it pain you to see how unaware moms are?

It often pains me to see how unaware moms are. I say unaware because this question is not meant to be mean. I don't want to call moms names and say they are ignorant, stupid or dumb, so I'm using a different term. I'm just utterly surprised and pained that so many moms seem to be uneducated on so many different things.
So, do you notice this on cafemom? That there seem to be sooo many women that are uneducated about important things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• i see it like this...everyone has a diff way about going about doing it. I raise my boys way diff then most moms but that dont make me any less of a mom.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i wouldn't call them unaware it's more of uneducated in certain things. and yes i have noticed that people are sometime unsure or uneducated about some things. but that's why we are here. maybe they are just to embarassed or something to ask friends or family members.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We have many young moms on here. Some are not educated, and have very little time to pay attention to current events and world happenings because they are very BUSY talking care of the future--their children. There are quite a few mothers on here, however, who hold degrees, and who HAVE educated themselves. I feel that this is a very diverse forum, and that we can all learn from eachother. I have learned some very useful things from even the most uneducated moms.The uneducated don't "pain" me. The cruel and abrasive do.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• umm... y did you bring up young moms... all moms are equal no matter what the age. i saw some younger moms who did way worst.
    i am a younger mom if you look at my profile you will say that. Well you dont know my background so does that make me uneducated. i dont think so...i am the oldest of 4. my mom worked nights dad over seas so i was forced to raise kids started at say 5 with my bro...and up.

so please dont say the young mama thing
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• what exactly is important to you? what you consider important i may not explain yourself please
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Everyone has their own skills and talents. So although sometimes I am surprised at what people don't know, at other times I am surprised at what everyone else seems to know and I don't! LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would say UNINFORMED
    Anonymous

• For crying out loud....

Why do people get so defensive?

You are completely right - I don't know everyone's background when I post an answer to a question. But you are completely wrong in "all moms are equal no matter what the age".

Perhaps this is an unpopular stance, but, (insert frowny face here) THERE ARE BAD MOTHERS! Even on CafeMom!

So, no. Not all mothers are good people or do good things or have good intentions. Why do people think that the simple act of giving birth somehow makes a woman better, smarter, sweeter?

It doesn't.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well not all mothers are stupid ignorant or dumb like the poster is suggesting either. just becuz one may have a question that may seem silly to some does not mean that it is . no question is stupid,just some of the answers and people on here do it on purpose just to be ignorant
    i have three children 16,14 and 1 and i am a good mother however i don't know it all and i never will
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you read my answer u will also see where i said age isnt a factor i seen some young moms do way better then the older ones...its all about the out look on the issue...it really erks me when ppl say young cuz its putting all of us into 1 group. i can say that about the older ones. but i know they are all diff.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008