Have you ever taken away a gift/present etc because of your childs awful or ungrateful behavior?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• i haven't had to yet, but would if it were warranted!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yup! My 7 yr old daughter has been lying ALL the time lately. My mother was going to take her to an amusement park for her 8th birthday, but not anymore! I snatched that right out from under her. And if she keeps it up, she won't have a big birthday party like she wants either.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• christmas 2010- my aunt met me and my kids at cracker barrel- did good till he saw the present and couldnt hold them in the car- i went to go buckle him in and he slapped me right in my face infront of my judgemental aunt- i went straight to walmart and made him watch while i returned all 160 dollars worth of toys- while my daughter and other son got to keep theirs. call me a bitch but i learned young that you cant do what you want and still be rewarded
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes. My dad has, over the years, bought each of my 4 older kids a Nintendo DS (1 Lite, 2 DSi XLs and a 3DS). They have been confiscated for the last month and only come out when the kids are behaving well. And the 2nd they misbehave they go back into hiding in my room. I don't care if they were gifts given to my kids by someone else. In fact I warned my dad with the first one not to get it because my oldest (at the time she was 8) was responsible enough for it. Sure enough within 2 weeks I had taken it away and she didn't get it back for a month. There have been times I've had them for 6 months without the kids touching them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011