I dont have a dr. and im feeling really weird.... any info or advice be great.....

Ok Im 10 weeks post c section. I had a few issues with my BP being high while I was with my daughter in the NICU.. BP runs in the family. Heart problems to be exact.. well a  week and a half ago I did some exercising. I did about 100 crunches and danced around. that was my extent of working out that day lol. Well since then I been feeling weird and I dont like it at all.. common sense would be to see a dr but I dont have one and i dont wanna sit in the ER for then to tell me im fine when I know this is not a normal feelin.

My lower abdomin feling like it was a bit swollen so I took it easy since then. But Im constantly feeling weak, shaky, shortness of breath, sometimes even feeling like im tingling which is the best way to describe it.. heart starts beating harder and working twice as hard. headaches, sweaty when cold... maybe my thyroid is acting up??  its soo very hard to explain for ppl to understand. more so happens when im tired. i try to nap and it wont happen. for as long as i can remember when i try t0 nap my heart beats so hard that its hard to breath... now that im reading this is seems as if i should go to see a dr...  but i cant afford it and assistance wont help me. so i dont know what to do ..... my tummy also feelin like it has butterflies in it and or muscle spasms... any ideas with my symptoms? im sure it can be anything...  please no rude comments.. im just trying to see if it will go away and if anyone has felt anything similar.. thats all  thank you

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 1:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• okay sweetie, this is coming from someone who has had 17 stomach surgeries 3 of those were c-sections and what you are feeling is NOT NORMAL. I understand about finiacial situations, but what is more important you being around and healthy for that beautiful new baby or sick and in the hospital? After one of my surgeries I got a staph infection call MRSR. and it was not fun and some of the symptoms you are describing sound awfully familiar! I am not a doctor just a person with a lot of experience due to my crohne's disease. I feel you should get to a doctor A.S.A.P. They could tell you to just slow down that you are doing too much too soon, but I would definitly have it checked out, be damned with the cost and wait time. Your life is worth more than that. Remember no one can be a better mom than you, but you have to be healthy. Good Luck and Prayers are with you.
    selynn

Answer by selynn at 1:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It could very well be that the stomach butterflies and cramping are not related to your shakiness, shortness of breath, etc.

I had a C-section due to pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure, etc). After the surgery, the OB gave me pills for my high blood pressure. Each morning after I would take them, I would get tunnel vision, shaky, and have to lay down. Then the problems would eventually clear up. Turns out the drugs were taking my blood pressure too low, so they took me off the pills and let my body regulate the pressure on its own.

If you have health insurance, I would suggest calling the nurse line and talking to them before going to a doctor. Or you can always try calling the OB's office who gave you the C-Section and explain your issues to the nurse on duty. Follow-up care costs should be covered in your bill.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yes, you may need to do some research but, there may be a local doctor that will set up pay arrangements for you to be able to be seen by him... OR there should be a free clinic somewhere close to you. You should never place money on a higher pedestal than your health - definitely not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way. i just want to see you get to the doctor and feel better! :)
    Sweetpea78c

Answer by Sweetpea78c at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Who delivered your baby? Go see them. I'm sorry, but you need to go see a doctor. Set up a payment plan. I do have insurance, but sometimes the bills are too much and I have no problem calling them and setting up a plan.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 11:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You over did it with exercise possibly. It takes a full two years for everything that changed in your body during pregnancy to change back. Try yoga or pilates both are muscle building stretches with little or no impact. You may also want to call a 1800nurses hotline...it's free. Possibly try contacting a local midwife, they are sincerely in this line of work because they want to help.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011