Has the stomach flu bug hit your kids?

My daughter stayed home yesterday (and today) recovering from barfing from 2 a.m Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon. And I heard several kids went home from school yesterday because they felt like throwing up. We've never had this in the warmer weather months. Usually just in the winter.

marihand

Asked by marihand at 1:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• My kids had that last month. DH and I just got over it. It was awful! I had both diarrhea and vomiting. DH and my 3 DSs had either diarrhea or vomiting.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yuk, I remember years ago when all of us but my husband were sick with both vomiting and diarrhea. He still talks about it when someone gets sick in our house. "remember the time.. . . " Man, our house stunk! I was glad he was the only one not sick or we would have all been in trouble. He was emptying buckets, rinsing out underwear (TMI because it came out both ends at the same time)
    marihand

Comment by marihand (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have it today. It sucks.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well i don't think we had the flu but we caught something too a few weeks ago,. It was a bad cough and my daughter had a fever for a few days and a runny nose the nose stoped and the fever went away but the cough stayed. I know even i think it is werried to have gotten this during the summer months but gose to show you can get sick even during the warm months. I know we are still trying to fight it off here. My daughter gave it to me which it just the cough and it just hangs there. SO good luck to you hope your little one feels better.
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 1:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yeah,one of my two has had it~awful. His came with a fever.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Maybe it was the school cafeteria food- they're serving up all the crap that's left at the end of the year! -lol We had that bug at our house in April. Luckily it only lasted about a day or so, but the appetite took a while to return. GL- hope all feel better soon! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• That's funny that you say that, mrsmom110, because the last 5 days on the school lunch menu is "cook's choice." which we will not be ordering! lol
    marihand

Comment by marihand (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2011