Gross/humiliating parts of pregnancy? adult content

My mother's favorite quote is "There is no dignity in pregnancy"...and the quote has come to my mind at several points while pregnant with my kids.

I am overdue with my 3rd, and I had my partner check me today. I told him I literally felt like I was walking around with a hand hanging out of me or something. Yep...he pulled his fingers back out with a large chunk of mucus plug.

Have you had anything completely embarrassing happen during your pregnancies or deliveries?

Hey...the good news is that yesterday at the doctor I measured 43 weeks and 75+% effaced and 1.5 cm...today I was more like 3+cm and even more thinned out. Pray my water breaks or labor starts or SOMETHING.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh how exciting... SO SOON.. !!! woohoo!!!
    I have only 1 child and I think now peeing myself when I laugh or cough is the most embarressing
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Peeing myself when I sneeze is embarrassing!!
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• When they did the strep b test, yes they only swab your ass but I had so much pressure that it wouldn't close so I could wipe all day and still get poop on the paper. So, she swabbed my ass and it looked like I hadn't even wiped. UGH!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I haven't really peed myself since my first, but I do remember calling the doctor then and basically bawling into the phone to the poor receptionist that I was "22 years old and couldn't go around the rest of my life p*ss*ng myself" LOL.

Oh the things we do for babies.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I pooped all during pushing with my son. My husband kept denying it when it was happening, but finally I was like, I smell poop, am I pooping or what??

It was the only day during my whole pregnancy that I didn't poop that morning, so of course, go in for my induction, and poop all damn day!

And you know, only a mother could talk about poop like it is no big deal. Congrats on your soon to be delivery. Go get some really really spicy food!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You poor thing! Nothing like being prodded & probed like cattle! -LOL I think the worst for me was when I had my 2nd son. The placenta sack did not deliver in tact, so the Dr. was up to his friggin elbow inside of me FOUR TIMES pulling it out! I finally said, "Is that necessary?! It felt like I delivered 4 more babies. Ugh! GL! Hope you deliver soon! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• With my 1st DS, I spent the night before I went into labor in the hospital. My Dr. had me tested for pre-eclampsia. It is a 24 hour test. During the test, I passed a blood clot that was huge!!!! I freaked out and asked a nurse to check it out. She was nonchalantly told me that it was a blood clot and it was normal to pass one that big. I went into labor the next day and haven't thought about that until today.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well I didn't poop during labor but I did fart in the midwife's face when she was checking me. She said it was no big deal but I am not used to farting in people's faces. I also was trying to think of a way to ask the triage nurse to check if I had a hemorrhoid. I was trying to think of a classy way to say "There is something on my ass and it is freakiung me out!! What the hell is it?!?!"
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Mrsmom...that is too funny because I JUST sent a text to my sister that reads "Nothing like being poked and prodded when you already feel like a farm animal that's been bred" LOL.

And that is awful...My sister had to have something removed from her as well and said that she felt like she was being scraped out like a pumpkin with me, my mom, and her husband watching.

Honestly, my mom is hard to have around for that sort of thing. On one hand, she has given birth 7 times and you like having that experience there, but on the other, since she has "seen it all" she doesn't think much about your privacy or embarrassment because in her eyes "you shouldn't be embarrassed" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• And I agree with the poop thing...yes...we all know it happens commonly and that it wouldn't be a big deal for us to see it with SOMEONE ELSE...but when it is us pooping in a doctor's face or something, it is a much bigger deal!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011