Ever done it? It feels gooooood.

DH is just on my every last nerve today. Since his promotion he's been so self-absorbed and it's getting old. He called earlier, asked me what I was doing, then he interrupted me in the middle of my response to spend the next 10 minutes talking about himself and that dad-gum job again (which I'm thankful for but irritated by when he gets so consumed with it).

I freaking have had it with this today - so I turned my cell phone off. It's been quite for a while now and it feels really good. I do need to turn it back on though, I guess, and stop being selfish.

Ever just said to yourself "screw this I DO have an off button and I'm pushing it right now!"

It feels good to just flip the switch sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It IS nice to disconnect from all the cell phones and computers sometimes. I turn my house phone off on occasion too. I love the silence in the house when I do that! I think EVERYONE should turn off the phones sometimes. You don't have to be at anyone's beck and call 24/7.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I do it all the time. Weekends, everyone is at home. We disconnect. I love it!!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Haha I do it at work! Actually, I screen my calls. A lot of the time, when certain staff can't get a hold of their "assistant," they will call me to do stuff for them. Sometimes I am so busy I think, sorry, you're going to have to wait. Feels nice not to feel pressured to everything for everyone.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well DH lives up to his reputation. I turned the phone back on to find a dozen (yes 12) texts from him in a row. He knows when he's irritated me because the first text was "are you mad at me?" followed by a series of "darling and Love and Sweetheart" - and if he knows then why in the heck does he do that? And I'm thinking "well duh, dammit, I love you, but life is not always all about you you you"

Sometimes he actually gets so self-involved and all he talks about is himself, his job, his this, his that till I think we might need some time apart.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I turn mine off, once the kids are home, for at least an hour.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes i have! My phone is constantly ringing too
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 2:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

kyheavensmom

• my husband gets self absorbed sometimes too, he'll cut me off in the middle of what i was saying and talk about something he wants to talk about and even when he's done with his conversation he wont even ask what i was saying, its like i guess i was done with what i was saying and he doesnt want to hear anymore! its usually when he's around, not on the phone or anything so there is no "off " button. :(

there's times when there was an inlaw that would call my husband and then call my phone if neither of us picked up and i have turned my phone off during that time.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If he just got promoted, maybe he's excited about his new job & wants to share it w/ his best gal! At least he's still speaking to you! -lol I guess when you've had your fill, you handled it just as you should- turn off the phone & get a breather. Congrats on his promotion. Hopefully once the excitement of it wears off, he'll be a better listener again. Try to have patience w/ him :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My husband does more of the going on and on about crap I don't care about or things that he knows irritate me. Like if I were talking about how much I exercised that day and how I rocked it I can totally tell he is ignoring me and could care less, so why in the world would I want to hang on his every word when he tries to up me on that!!
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011