I just had my second c-section two months ago with my son, how long should I wait before getting pregnant again?

How long is it best to wait to have another baby after having a repeat c-section. Im not sure how long it takes for the incision to completely heal and I wanna make sure Im 100% before conceiving again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i didnt have a c section but my oldest son is two and a half. my second son is one and a half and my third is due anyday now...... i never had a problem, obviously!! but i would ask my dr first
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 4:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think you should definitely ask your doctor because after two c-sections there is a serious risk of uterine rupture and I honestly don't know if the risk is greater if you get pregnant too soon after or if the timing doesn't matter. Your doctor may know more about the specifics of your surgery/deliveries.....This is something to look into seriously before doing it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I didn't have a c section but I got pregnant when my daughter was 2.5 months old and it was ok. My dr just laughed when he saw me walk into his office. I would ask your dr though about the c section.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I am going to have my 3rd in 3 years in a couple weeks. I dont recomend you getting pregnant as fast a i did it is hard. I would wait at least a yr.
    Anonymous

• My Doc said 18months to 2 years after my first c-section. I'd check with your doc.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Talk to your provider about it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well, i would say you can go for it at anytime. be careful though there can problems with the third c-section. good luck! i hope the best to you and hubby.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 2:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008