How much walking did you have to do to have your baby?

I'm going to go for one soon and I was wondering if some were lucky enough to only have t walk for a little while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• None. You can walk for miles and miles and it won't necessarily help unless your body is ready to go into labor. It can't hurt though, so walk on.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Walking? My water broke at 11 pm and baby was out by 2:49 am. Time went by so fast I don't hardly remember anything. No walking. I was hooked up to IV fluid so I could get an epi only to have the baby come so fast that I didn't have time for the epi. ... and I thought the first one was supposed to take a while!
    Anonymous

• None... Why are you walking? I had a freind that heard walking up steps backwards would help bring on labor... LOL!! DON'T try this one!!

If your body isn't ready no amount of walking will help! I have heard doctors that tell women to go for a walk but mostly to give them something to do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Walking's not guaranteed to bring on labor, it's never worked for me!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I tried walking. I walked for 2 weeks. I walk up 14 flights of stairs to my doctor's appointments. NO LUCK. Walking actually made my contractions STOP.
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 3:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I know its not a sure thing that it will work. I was just wondering from the ones it did work for.
    Anonymous

• I WAILED FOR MILES AND STILL NOTHING IN FACT I WENT 2 WEEKS OVER DUE BUT IT MIGHT WORK FOR U
    flgatorchick15

Answer by flgatorchick15 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008