Do/did you have Kindergarten graduation?

How many of you have had a K graduation for your kids? Were you happy to have it or not? It looks like we don't have one, and I'm OK with that.

We did preschool, and got the "cute pic in cap & gown" thing. So I can see the appeal, but in K, they are staying in the same school and everything, so it doesn't seem like a big change to me. I only had graduation from high school and college.

Tracys2

Asked by Tracys2 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This year, my son's teacher had a ceremony with just her class. They sang some songs and received awards that the teachers had made up. It was nice. I guess it wasn't really a graduation. more like a farewell party.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids' school does do kinder graduation. They have a special closing circle, sing songs and have a special snack. That's ok with me. I thought the pre-k graduation last year was a little over the top. My 5th graders' continuation ceremonies were really nice. I look forward to that with my youngest.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did when I was young
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Our school has preschool & 8th. Caps for preschool but no gowns, neither for 8th. I'm happy with it, I never saw a point to K grad.
    Anonymous

• No, they didn't do any graduation for kindergarten, which was fine by me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No graduation at our school
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 9:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We home school, so no.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 10:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did when I was in Kindergarten but DS didn't I'm ok with that. I barely remember mine anyway. It would be cute and all but I'm sure it would just be something they ask for more money for and I'll shell out all the money in the world when he graduates high school!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No, they did not have it, thank God. It's stupid. They had fifth grade "completion" but it was like graduation. If I'd known that, we would have skipped it. Graduation is for HS, when you've actually accomplished something.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• They do parties at my son's school, not really a graduation.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 4:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011