Do you think Pull-Ups are good for potty training?

JanieJo

Asked by JanieJo at 2:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No. They are just diapers. The kids can't learn potty training unless they feel the wetness when they go. I used them at night though. During the day go right to underwear.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• only for night time and when you must leave the house. other than that, i think you shouldn't use anything, and you should stay home for 2 weeks.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• They didn't really work for us. My kids treated them like diapers and went in them anyway. We did use them when we went out, we would keep reminding them to tell us when they needed to go. At home, it was underwear or naked bottoms!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Im with fefe.. except for the staying home for 2 weeks.. im a single mother of 2 so stayin home isnt an option. MY daughter who is potty trained wore panties around the house and pull ups to go out and to bed.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree only at nite or when out...
    morganaundrea

Answer by morganaundrea at 2:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• They worked for me, But my daughter is obsessed w/Princess Tiana, so as long as she was on the pull ups, she did not want to get her wet.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Didn't work for us, I think they kept the kids dry so they couldn't tell if they went. Anyway that's the conclusion we had. We read together at the pot, an assortment of potty training kid books. They loved the flushing ones. We used cotton underwear and a t-shirt to lounger around in. At times you grab them up to get to the toilet in a hurry. I think they need to feel wet. They work for night to quickly pull down to go.
    Good luck!
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 2:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011