How long were you in labor?

I just want to know some experiences from delivery and pregnancy...thanks! How long were you in labor, how much pain was your delvery, how many weeks did you deliver, was your husband/boyfriend there, anything that i should know? this is my first pregnancy....thanks so much!

emmiej

Asked by emmiej at 2:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was in labor for 24 hours lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• lol, 50 hours my first. it was an experience from hell. make sure u have an anesthesiologist on hand just in case, i didnt and it was terrible. i cry remembering it. but my second i had my epidural and i was induced. it went by very smoothly, it was like i wasnt even in labor!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I was in labor for 3 hours with my first, 2 with my second and 1 with my son, the pain was very bearable and I could control it with focusing on an object I brought from home and breathing right. Everyone is different, my husband was there for all of it. I delivered full term.

Answer by older at 2:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• 1st- I was 38 wks and 3 days, I was having contractions for days. Total labor in hospital was 11 hours. I gave birth naturally, pain wasnt too bad. My husband was by my side the entire time.
    2nd- I was 39 weeks and 3 days. I had contractions all day. Total labor in hospital was 17 hours. I gave birth naturally again, pain was worse than I remembered from my first. Hubby was by my side the entire time again.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My twins were 5 hours (born at 33 weeks, had an epidural, so no pain, yes dh was there) Second pregnancy my labor was 2 1/2 hours (Born at 41 weeks, all natural, pain wasn't that bad, yes dh was there) Third pregnancy my labor was 2 hours (born at 40 weeks, 3 days, all natural, pain wasn't bad, yes dh was there)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• with my son i was induced and i was in labor for 17 hours and it hurt like hell. god bless the epidural. and when i had my daughter i was in labor for 11 hours and the epidural only too on the left side of my body so i felt everything on the right side. yeah it hurt i'm not going ot lie but it was worth it.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 2:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• With my first I was about 10 hours. And for my second about 4 hours.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My DS just under 4 hours and DD about a 1 1/2 hours.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• when i had my 1st i was in labor for about 8 or 9 hours, my water broke around 10pm and then we headed to the hospital and i wasnt having any super bad or uncomfortable contractions yet, we got there and i got back into a room and hooked to the monitors it was around 11:30pm and it took awhile to get my IV in and get the pitocin started so i didnt start to actually feel real labor pain that actually hurt bad until around 2am, and my daughter was born at 6:30am. so that labor was not bad at all, except the epidual didnt work and they had to take it out and re-insert it 3 times before they finally gave up and said i was just one of the people it didnt work for so that was no fun, but i got through it and had my beautiful baby a few hours later.

with my second labor with my son it wasnt such a good experience. i fully thought from what i had heard that your second labor is...**CONTINUED**
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I was induced due to pre-eclampsia. Didn't dialate, so they hooked me to Pitocin :( After 30 hours of contractions, they deemed a c-section a medical necessity. Not a "normal" labor, but 30 hours of contractions was not a walk in the park!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011