Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Family trouble

my uncle has taken my grandparents, and spent all their money, yes he is an addict, and Im afraid I will not see them again until they pass away, my grandmother has dementia and she needs to be in a nursing home, he illegally forged the doctors signature to take her out, and keep collecting her check, I have notified the authorities, also children n families for adults, what else can i do!! heart broken and missing my pawpaw. my mom has passed away in a car accident so im the only one left, that can do anything.. any advice.

Answer Question

Asked by pook003 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

Level 11 (628 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Wooooow! I'm sorry to hear that. Are the authorities doing anything? You could put their pictures up on the missing persons website.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • Look in your phone book for a county attorney or a public defender's office. Call them and talk to them about your situation. Ask them what you can legally do about it. If you can't find someone locally, call your state's Attorney General's office and ask them your questions. What you can do will probably depend in part on what state you live in, but any of the above people can help you. Call them today!!

    Answer by NannyB. at 3:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • you guys thank you sooo much for the immediate replies. I am so grateful, calling right now!!!

    Comment by pook003 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • You have already done quite a bit. Keep on them about the case. I agree with NannyB. You should call an attorney. Most will give you a consult for free.

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • I also wanted to say I agree with NannyB on calling the attorney general.

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • Call social security and talk to them about it they can start an investigation

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • Notify social security about fraud asap.Get a lawyer's opinion. OMg feel for you. My dad just passed away and he had demenita and pnemonia. Even under normal family circumstances there is so much drama when there is money involved. But what you are going through I take my hat off to you. You are going through a lot. GL.

    Answer by geminilove7 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • I agree with what's been posted so far....Attorney General's office for starters....Social Security office fraud.....Social Services will help in some situations like this for the elderly as well.....Good luck, hon!

    Answer by SweetMsMills at 4:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
My marraige... adult content

Next question overall (Health)
Heavy heavy