Have you ever renewed your vows?

Does it matter what year you do it?
Or can it be because you had a horrible wedding day?
Or because you have overcome many obstacles and want to declare your love to each other once again?

What were your reasons?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• We did it about 2 years after we got married because we went through some tough stuff together and really needed to.... been great ever since. that was 10 years ago.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• you can do it whenever or as many times as you want- for any reason you want it to be - "MOST" people do it on like the 10, 20 years but not always..
    We plan to do it next year on our 10th because our son will be old enough for ME to leave him lol! ~I couldn't leave last year to go on a vacation for the 2 of us, I wasn't ready so maybe this next year lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We got married almost 14 years ago, and we haven't broken our vows, so I see no reason to redo them. One wedding was more than enough for me. You can do them any time for any reason though, if you want to. There's no rule that says a couple can't or when they can.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I want to renew mine because none of my family or my DH's family was there when we were married. We were with a bunch of friends, and our dear friend at the time got her certification just to marry us :) It was nice, an outdoor wedding at the bank of a river, but it also would have been nice for family to have been there, and for me to have the dress and all that.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We got married in 1998, became Catholic in 2001 and received the sacrament of marriage. Went to a marriage encounter in 2010 and renewed our marriage.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I really wanted to but it didn't happen:( Hoping for next year tho!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011