Need help with wedding atire?

I'm going to a wedding next weekend and I'm not sure what to wear. The wedding is at a mansion in a fancy town. The ceremony starts at 4:30 outside then we move in for cocktail hour and then dinner and dancing. Can I wear color or does it have to be black and sparkly? Also does DH need to wear a dark suit and tie or does he wear a lite colored suit and tie? The invite doesn't specify casual or formal. There will be a lot of people who are in fashion for a living there and I don't want to make a fool of myself. A lot really important people in my area will be there. Please help cuse I have no idea.

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 3:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Sounds to me like it will be just shy of formal attire. Go with an elegant dress (can be color but not obnoxious) and have the hubby wear the dark suit, white shirt and dark tie.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with Kari. When in doubt, I usually tend to be a little more dressed up than less.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with the above...better to go dressier than too casual.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think simple, classic and elegent always works. A black dress is a great canvas to dress up an down as needed. Try a colorful shawl or jewerly if you want a pop of colo0r or sparkle.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 8:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thank you!
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011