I'm 16 and pregnant and I need help on how to tell my mom?

I just found out that I'm pregnant the day before yesterday and think I'm a little less then ten weeks and I'm planning on telling my mom this weekend. But I need help on what to say so please I just need help anything anyone can help please. Thank you.

SoonToBeTeenMom

Asked by SoonToBeTeenMom at 3:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just blurt it out. There is no easy way to break the news.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Make a plan for how you are going to handle it. How you are going to go finish school, help support your baby, and whether the baby's father will be involved. Does he know? Does his parents know? Good news, you are a minor so no matter how angry she gets, she can't kick you out of the house. She also can't make you have an abortion (she can take you to an abortion clinic but all you have to do is tell them you don't want the abortion) or give the baby up for adoption if you don't want to.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I first got pregnant at 17 and all I already had a mother who didn't care much, so I just simply said mom I'm pregnant. I ended up having m/c though at 6 weeks. & now I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I am turning 19 in 2 days. Honestly I would just say "Mom, I'm pregnant" No way to do it...
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There's no easy way to break the news. Tell her you need to sit down and talk to her and then tell her you are pregnant and that you want to talk about it with her. It is a good idea to have some idea of how you plan to handle things, but if you don't have that figured out it's also ok to say that you don't know what to do and that you want to talk things thru with your mom. If you think she is going to flip out, maybe ask another adult that you trust to be there with you. If you think she will be supportive then give her that chance. It may take her a bit to get over the shock, so don't freak out if she isn't overjoyed at first, or if she is a bit shell shocked. The good news is that a baby will not be here for several months, so that gives you all some time to get a plan together and come to terms with the changes about to happen. Best of luck, honey. Your mom will still love you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Blurt it out along with rational planning on your part, what you intend to do, to provide for this baby etc.

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• ask her how she feels about being a grandmother... or just spit it out..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Spend some time making your own life plans before you say anything at all. Decide what you need to do, for YOUR life and how you intend to do it. Then simply tell her "I'm pregnant"... When you're grilled, you'll have answers for her. When you are forced in a direction you don't want to go in, you'll already have a plan of action.

By the way, in *most* states you have *absolute and complete control* over your healthcare. She can not decide anything for you medically, where your pregnancy is concerned. Always remember that, YOU are the one in control, no one else.

I was 15 when I found out I was pregnant with my first child- I know it's not easy, but you don't have a lot of options outside of simply stating the truth. Be prepared for backlash, for guilt trips, for silent treatment. Good luck.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There is no easy way to say it...just get it out and be aware that she will need some time. Depending on how your mother is she may say things that are mean or inappropriate, ignore those things its just frustration and usually she is blaming herself like maybe she could have done something to prevent it, but she will get over it and accept it eventually. Its all about giving her time and space. Good Luck my dear!
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thank you soooooo much everyone for your help
    SoonToBeTeenMom

Comment by SoonToBeTeenMom (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011