Would you give me dirty looks for this?

I went into the store yesterday, it was double coupon day. I new that the mini muffins (a box of them) would be 4 or $5 which is great because they are usually $2.50 each. Well, knowing they would be on sale for double coupon day, I brought a LOT of coupons for them. I bought the coupons online for $2.50 , I got 80 of them, they were .65 off. So I ended up getting 40 boxes. I ended up getting "paid" .05 for each box I got (though they don't give you the money, so I bought a rotisserie chicken for 6.50. Then I bought mac and cheese that was 1.35 but BOGO free. So with my.35 off coupons (that I paid $1.50 for online) for that I bought 20 boxes and paid -.15 per 2 boxes. So in the end, my total for everything was about $3.76 (with tax). I got some nasty looks at the check out. Did I do something wrong? And every coupon I used was legit, I didn't give coupons for things I didn't buy or that were expired. We are not poor but I don't see a reason to pay more then I have to for things since when is that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Honestly.. I would probably get irritated if I was behind you.. but everybody has a right to buy what they want, use whatever coupons they want, and pay however they want. So..coupon on!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've never gotten nasty looks for doing stuff like that. I usually get high fives.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I might actually have applauded you right there in line!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Teach me lol!~ Extreme couponing !!!!
    what by the way, are you planning on doing with 80 boxes of mini muffins?
    no, you didn't do anything wrong.. screw other people - I am getting the attitude that most people are just selfish and suck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• They were probably just jealous! Hell, If I was behind you, I would've congratulated you & asked you about your coupon tips! (I do the Sunday paper coupons, but not online) Way to go for you! (& buzz off to those who had to wait an extra minute or two while you saved a ton of money! boo hoo for them! :p )
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• WTH are you going to do with 40 boxes of mini muffins?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The show Extreme Couponing is putting a sour taste in some people's mouths. I would not have given you a dirty look, but I sure as heck would have been nosy and asked how much you saved.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• UpSheRises has a point. You do realize they expire right? I would donate to the food bank myself.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I got a coupon from a manufacturer when the store sell me an expired item. (Moms always look at the expiration date!). So I took the coupon for a free item the manager came down and said that the store was not honoring those coupons. I truly admire the moms who do the coupons. It takes time, effort, and courage.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My dh and I were in line behind a lady last week that was doing something similiar to what you are describing...my dh was getting irritated and even started to make a rude comment.I jabbed him in the side and gave him the evil eye,LOL.
    When we got out to the car I told him I should start doing the same thing. It may take longer in line...but people need to learn patience anyway.Its about saving money..and we ALL could do a little more of that these days.I don't mind waiting in line behind someone that is trying to save money, and I wouldnt be rude to wait either. If I was in that big of a hurry, I would just go to another check out.
    Don't feel bad for using your coupons.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011