Why does marriage have to be so difficult?

I just don't understand. I am a good person and very patient and nice but, we just see things SO in complete opposite ways

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• My opinion.......most of the time it is because men are involved.............LOLOLOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sweetheart, I truly wish I could answer that question. I was married the first time for 15 years. Second one isn't even a year old yet and it's been a harder struggle than the first one was! You want a venting buddy, just add me. Can't promise you I'll have answers, but I sure will listen and commisserate!
    SweetMsMills

Answer by SweetMsMills at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• from my experience no marriage or relationship is easy, it takes work. we as humans are so complex.......
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• That's traditionally speaking...........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• And you didnt figure that out BEFORE you got married?! Sorry- my sarcastic side got the better of me there! I'm sure you've heard the expression: "Nothing worth having comes easy or w/out working for it" (something like that) Well, now you get to see if you can both come to some common ground on your issues. If you cant do it on your own, then marriage counseling may help you get there. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• OMG I could ask the same question. I don't understand it either, we are trying so hard to hold things together...we just seem to see things differently and react in completely different ways to things. GL momma, hope things get better for you...wish I had an answer but unfortunately, I have the same question...here's a bump in hopes someone can help...I will be following answers you get in hopes I can understand more myself.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

Answer by Dahis 8 minutes ago

LOL!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• with my SO I try not to give to much information theycan't handle to much at one time UGHH
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry, I've been with my DH 14 years and its been HARD work from BOTH sides.. we are both stubborn and I always give in because I'm mentally exhausted. The first 5 years were off and on battles... the next 4 were us trying to get on the same page or me making ALL and more of the effort - then I got pregnant after a year of being in a good place.. since having our son we now battle about parenting.. but at least not many of the other things from before.. its hard, its tough and can really suck.. I'm so sorry you are havnig a hard time - but i do have to agree with Dahis lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Maybe you are making it more difficult than it has to be. I just read a great book that was a real eye opener for me: "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura. As soon as I started reading it, I felt my attitude (mostly negativity) towards my husband change. It may benefit you to read it.
    Anonymous