Im in need of a reliable car so I can get back and forth to school and work and right now I have no way of getting anywhere. My mom cant take me and my son all the time bc she is unemployed and times are hard. So Does anyone know of a place that gives away cars or know of someone that will gove a car to a single mother in need?

Keyshauns_Mami

Asked by Keyshauns_Mami at 3:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Give? No. Sell? maybe. You might want to see of Volunteers of America has anything for you, otherwise there are dealerships a dime a dozen on most main thoroughfares.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You can obtain anything you want thanks to credit cards. Go to any auto dealer they will work a good deal for you. You can even get a car without down payment.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 4:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• try Goodwill or Salvation Army
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• After you have a car, you need insurance, gas and upkeep. Is their public transportation?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You can find a bicycle and child's seat on freecycle or craigslist

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• perhaps your local church? but you may have to deal with buying a car just like the rest of us....can you get the father of the child to help you out?
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• place an ad on craigslist telling people of your situation. you may be able to find someone to carpool with. heck they might even do it for free, where you don't have to give them gas money, if they are generous.
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 12:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2011