Do you/did you use progesterone suppositories? What time of day did you use them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did and I did them at night. They were incredibly messy and leaked when I got out of bed to pee or something. I switched to injectable progesterone. It stayed in place and I was sure my correct dose was there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did the oral supplement called prometrium. I know that most women insert the suppositories at night right before bed because they are messy and do tend to leak out. I have also heard that you should use a towel or the cloth bed pads like they have in the hospital because it can ruins sheets.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I use them at night. Mine is the exact same thing as the oral pill. They're a little it messy so I wear a panty liner but it doesn't get on anything besides the liner.

Now I have a problem though. I have a yeast infection from hell and would normally use the Monistat at night. But I don't know if I can use it and the progesterone at the same time. I'm thinking I'll use the Monistat at night and the progesterone in the daytime and just lay down for while after. I have a dr appointment tomorrow so I'll have to wait and see what he says.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2011