Coin machines..........

we have Coinstar here.........I think the fee is 3% on the dollar. Have you ever used one? What's the most change you exchanged? I think ours was about $72.00 It was mostly pennies, dimes, and nickels, maybe a few quarters.

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 4:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you have TD bank in your state its free there for everyone.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I use the free one at our credit union. We got forty something dollars the first time we used it, now we take it every time we go up there and we just deposit whatever we get into our savings account.

Answer by missanc at 4:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i have changed in 54 dollars..today i just changed in 20 bucks lol. i love coinstar
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 4:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• over $100.00
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We have a free one at the credit union too.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I spend my change though.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Our bank does it for free. I've never seen a coinstar other than tv commercials. The most change I ever brought to the bank ended up being over $600 - I spend no change.
    Anonymous

• I roll my own coins while watching TV once about every year or so - it's usually about $75-$100.

There are coinstars all over the place here, but neither my bank nor credit union have a coin machine, though I've seen them at other banks and think it is a GREAT idea.

Sometimes you can get a deal on Coinstar that you don't pay a percentage IF you take the money all as a ___(fill in the blank)_____. I've seen Amazon gift card, Barnes and Nobels GC, and gift card to the hosting company (usually a grocery store). If you were going to spend there anyway it might be worth it to check that out...
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should really check with your bank- ours is free. We used to use it all the time because we had a pop machine.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 10:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011