Is it normal for a baby to sweat a lot while they sleep?

Our littlest little man is a sleep sweater.I mean..he drenches a pillow with sweat anytime he sleeps!
My dh is concerned about it, none of our other kids have done this before.
We even have the a/c on and still..he sweats..I keep him stripped down to his diaper and still..he sweats,lol.
Does yours do this?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD has been like that from birth...during the hottest months of the year i have to do a sniff check to see if its sweat or if her diaper leaked on her pillow somehow! my DS is a sleep sweater too & hes only 6 weeks old. its never seemed to bother DD & her Dr told me to just keep a sippy of water in her room in case she wakes up thirsty.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My niece did this as a baby and toddler.. sweat like she would wake up WET... she still has to sleep in only a tank top and light clothes at 11..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My almost 2 year old does it and it can be what I think is cold in our home and he will still sweat. I dont really know if it normal or not but its normal for him
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My son sweats like crazy when he sleeps, he always has.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Both of mine do. They are almost 4 years and 8.5 months. The older one doesn't sweat as much, but he used to wake up and be soaking wet. The baby still does.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my daughter does. her hair is always soaked when she wakes up. i have to keep her room pretty cool so she won't overheat. i asked my pediatrician about it and he said it was fine, just make sure they stay hydrated
    Caelynnes.Mommy

Answer by Caelynnes.Mommy at 7:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Different people have their internal thermostats set differently. There are times when my DS rolls over and there's a wet spot under him where his back was. I think it's normal for some kids. DH and I both sleep with a couple blankets, and DS is a total cover kicker. Can't stand anything on top of him.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 3:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011