My dd just turned 20 months and keeps ripping off her diaper could she be ready to potty train already?

Is she too little to start the process?

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she's showing other signs she may be ready. My son just thinks it is funny to take his diaper off..he prefers to be nude, lol! He'll be 2 in July and is def NOT ready to potty train. Keep an eye out to see if you notice any other signs of being ready, like tells you she's wet/dirty, shows an interest in the potty ect.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• no she is not to young at all my sisters daughter startd potty training at 16 months when they are ready they are ready she still wears pull ups but since she is soo young my sister lets her go when she wants to on the potty whioch is quite often
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If she understands when she needs to go, and is taking the diaper off BEFORE she goes, then she is probably ready.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 5:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No, she's not too young. Generally, girls do this younger than boys, also a little shorter time frame. One way to enc the toilet is to leave her w/o diaper or anything else--she prob wouldn't like it running down her leg--that's what my sis did. (I only had boys.)
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 10:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011