Whats the difference between fritatta and quiche?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• A fritatta usually has potatoes I think & a quiche is egg based.
    Anonymous

• I think one usually has a crust (quiche) and a fritatta is more free form. both dishes use eggs
    WMyLil_Star13

Answer by WMyLil_Star13 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Quiche has a pie crust.

Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 6:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, quiche has a crust and the eggs are mixed with cream for more of a custard consistency than you usually have with fritatta.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, you bake a quiche in the oven. It has a crust, and is made not only with eggs, but usually with cream or half and half.

A fritatta starts out in a pan on the stove. You cook your veggies first, then add your eggs. You cook it for a few more minutes, then you send it under the broiler in the oven to puff up and finish cooking and set the eggs. There is no crust in a fritatta.

I have never had a quiche with potatoes, but they are often in fritattas. Personally, I like the fritattas better. But use a well-seasoned pan if you plan to cook one, otherwise it will stick. AND make sure the pan has a metal or wooden handle that can take being in the oven. Otherwise, you may ruin your pan!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• As stated above.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Quiche has a crust and is more similar to pie. I've never had a frittata made with meat either-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011