Removing friends from facebook who do not give condolences

My father passed away. Some people have not even responded. What should I do keep or delete?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• im sorry

maybe they just dont know what to say.. death is very personal, and many believe that if you didnt know the person personally that it is better to give the family space to deal with their loss...

girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You should keep everyone. Not everyone checks facebook every day.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• honestly, i'd be too broken up about losing my father to care who did or didn't give me condolences on facebook. maybe they haven't seen it, or don't know the right words to express their sorrows.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd question anyone whose concern at a time like that is anything to do with facebook. Really?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Some people don't know HOW to rspond to something like that.Its hard to find the right words to say and saying "I'm sorry for your loss" seems so vague to many people. I wouldnt delete anyone over it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Really?! You do realize a lot of people do not use their fb everyday?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss, but to delete people simply because they didn't respond to you on facebook is stupid.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Depends on what kind of friends you want on there. Most people with Facebook accounts have close friends to whom they talk every day as well as old acquaintances to whom they would probably never think about if not for the internet. If the former is all you want, then feel free to delete anyone with whom you don't have regular correspondence. But I wouldn't take a lack of response on Facebook too personally; they may feel like they don't know you well and be uncomfortable with it, they may not have even seen your post, etc.

And I'm sorry for your loss.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't delete anyone for not sending condolences. Not everybody checks their FB everyday, or even every week for a some people. Even if they do get on everyday, they aren't guaranteed to see everything that every one of their friends posted. The odds are they honestly did not see the post.

I understand you are hurting right now, and little things cut more deeply in the midst of grief than they would at other times. I am sorry for your loss.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You should keep! If you haven't notified them any other way how would they know. I also have a facebook account and I don't check it every day. I"m sorry for your lost but this action seems kind of selfish. I know you're hurting but reach out to them properly and you'd be amazed how many of them will be there to lift you up.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011