I'm fat, therefore it's okay for me to judge all fat women who dress provocatively

true or false? an earlier question that was aimed at bashing anyone, fat skinny or in between who showed too much skin, got me thinking. she used her own size as an excuse to freely insult large women (but didn't leave out women of all sizes) who don't dress to her standards. then, made a wide assumption that "no one" wants to see that. of course that's not true, i can guarantee there is no evidence that 100% of the world's population doesn't want to see fat hanging out of someone's clothing. furthermore, she ordered anyone who didn't like her vent (aka judgment/bash) not to respond, claiming supremacy over the answers section.

anyway, is it okay to bash a particular group simply because you claim to fit into it? and also go as far to claim that everyone agrees with your bashing? or is this just an innocent "opinion" ?

btw- was unsure which category to put this in. i figured "about cafemom" fit best since this is a spin off of an earlier post.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• DISAGREE. I use to be a very skinny girl and I am not going to lie I love to show off my body (before kids) but I never dressed like a hooker. But not once did I ever judge someone who was over weight. Hell most of my friends were over weight. I think most skinny girls are judgmental so I didnt hang around those who judge. Its not whats on the outside that matters its who the person is on the inside.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think it looks gross for anyone to dress trashy....fat people and skinny people. I agreed with her post. But I wouldn't walk up to someone and tell them they are dressed trashy.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i can guarantee there is no evidence that 100% of the world's population doesn't want to see fat hanging out of someone's clothing.

There are a few girls I went to hs with that I have friended on fb. They are larger women now, and they belong to a "social club". Essentially a swingers club for skinny guys who like to hook up with big girls. Based on some of the pictures they've posted from things like New Years Eve and Halloween parties, there is definitely a contingency of the population who do want to see it. A lot of it.

People are into all kinds of things - if it were up to any one individual to judge, we'd all dress like Amish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If she was skinny, you would still have the same issue, only some might have even gone so far as saying she thought she was better than a fat person because she was skinny. Let's be honest, there are just some clothes that certain people should not wear. Yes, I could turn my head away, yes i could ignore it. But things like wearing jeans that are 6 sizes too small and a tshirt that could fit a 5 year old is really not something most people want to see.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Different strokes for different folks! I hate the skanky outfits I see on some people but it's not my body so it's not my choice. I will dress the way I want to dress and they can dress however they want to dress as well. I feel that I do not have the right to judge ANYONE!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't have that answer, because in all honesty, its just my opinion. I understand everyone has their own style, I get that. I'm talking about when people where clothing that clearly is way off what their actual size is. More than often, the ones who squeeze into tight small bottoms and can barely pull them up past their ass crack, if at all. Yes, an ass crack is something I personally, and possibly others, don't want to see, male or female. There are clothes that compliment a persons figure, and there are those that don't.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• In my opinion, have to say there are many articles of clothing certain people should not wear outside their home! I wouldn't walk up and say flat out "you shouldn't wear that" but I think everyone stops and looks thinking "why are they wearing that"; all fat, skinny and inbetween! Not all clothing fits every figure and we can see which ones don't :) It doesn't matter how fat or skinny someone "judging" is, everyone does to some extent! I mean if someone looked really good, should only good looking people be allowed to say "she looks great!"? No! Everyone looks and has their own opinions which doesn't stop people from dressing any differently whether we want to see it or not.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There are men out there who love the fat hanging out, in fact there are men out there who love obese women!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What gives anyone the right to judge anyone else?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You know, I just have one thought on this... no maybe a couple. After having a couple of kiddos, my figure has changed a bit, I am struggling to burn off the baby fat, but I used to show a little skin, but I didn't wear hoochie momma outfits because even when I was skinny, I was a bit shy, but this does not mean I ever judged anyone by what they wore or that I do now, big or little. I think each person wears what makes them feel better.
    My main thought is that now that I am out of my wild stage(which was real wild), I am in my early 30's and I love it!
    Life means so much more to me now than attracting the opposite sex.
    But, I live in West Texas. We have very hot summers and sometimes women and men wear very little because of how hot it gets here- not to be "trashy."
    allstayathome

Answer by allstayathome at 5:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2011