Mothers in college...How do you

How do you have study time when you have a family..What are some things that you do to prepare yourself to buckle down and study?

After one hour Im ready to get back to my Cafemom!!!!!..LOL

JacquitaH

Asked by JacquitaH at 5:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• When I was in college I usually did my work after my DD went to bed or had the daycare keep her a souple more hours so I can study and do homework if I had a lot
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Being on here is my temptation. So I have to cut the computer off so I can study. I try to get everything done(also SAHM) the cleaning,cooking, and all that so I can have my mind clear. I usually wake up a couple hours early than the kids so I can study and I take advantage of nap time. I have a online class in a 2 1/2 hours so I trying to finish cooking, washing, have kids fed and ready for bed before then. Hubby is also a big help. On one of his off days i designate the whole day for me. Today was suppose to be that day, but he got called in for a meeting.........
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• When I was in Culinary College my grandma baby sat my son so I had some time to study at her house after I got back from class. She make me dinner too! So I go home take a shower and my son and I would go to bed! My husband was working out of town so during the week it was just us 2.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Depends on how old your kids are. DH helps a LOT, both around the house and with keeping DS distracted when he was younger. Now he knows there are rules when I'm working on school in terms of what he's allowed to do (noise levels), and that during that time he's to ask his Dad for things instead of me. I always give him a warning, at least 10 minutes or so, so he's not blindsided by dragging out guitar hero controllers just to be shut down 5 minutes later. Some days, depending on what I need to work on, I'll go work in his room (it's furthest removed from the middle of the house), and let him have run of the living room. Then it's more like a perk for him, control of the remote, video games, computer, whatever he wants to do. It's easier in nicer weather, because DH will do his garage puttering and DS can play outside.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did exactly what the first poster said (mommyoftwo88)...it worked for me. But I'd be stressing if I had a test to study for and couldn't find time.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have usually worked while in school, and I would use my lunch breaks. I am on my leave with my 3rd baby and I wont be going back to work, so I have been freer to find a time where I am most focused. I get the most accomplished during the kids' nap.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did my homework/studying in the afternoons while the kids played on the playground when it was nice - I would take my books and sit at a picnic table and work. Not being home made it impossible to see all the other things I could be doing. And then at night when they went to bed I would work for at least an hour or so.

Answer by missanc at 6:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i make an hour or so for myself during the day and go to starbucks or something so i can study uninterrupted for a while. its really hard to get anything done with a toddler running around!
    Caelynnes.Mommy

Answer by Caelynnes.Mommy at 7:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I just worked around the clock. Maybe three hours a night. I was young.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I normally arrange one night a week for DH to watch the kids while I stay at the library to work on whatever I need to. I also do homework/reading after the kids are in bed or during their naps.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 7:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011