Crv or van? anybody have these? or have hubby knowledagble in cars

we were in a car accident liability on the other driver, our car was totalled so now we are looking for another vechile, the one we had was in perfect condtion and very well maintained it was a 2000 ford taurus we live in pa and it had no a spec of rust frequent oil changes, shocks rotors and brakes alo newly replaced hadnt even owned that car 6 months, i loved that car,however that was my first car accident and i got very banged up, and in an accident it didnt hold up well. So i am looking at a town and country van and a crv and possibly a vibe. If im ever in another accident i want more car around me. so do any of you have any of these cars? please share your pros and cons! the car will be used to get to work and cart the kids in, i have two and cant have any more kids are three and four.

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 5:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• I am on my second Toyota Sienna. I have 3 kids and while they can fit into the back of a sedan, the experience is usually not a pleasant one for the driver.

At our school parents drive all field trips, so having the extra room is great for me even if only one of the kids is mine.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've been driving a Nissan Quest for years and I love it! Minivans are so roomy and so comfortable (we love taking road trips and day trips). I did have an accident in it (someone hit me very hard from the side). Thank goodness nothing happened to me and dd and the car just needed some repairs.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• awesome my taurus isnt pretty it was totalled because the aire bags deployed and the front now looks like a accordian, husban broke a arm and seperated shoulder, i was very brusied up, cracked ribs broke tail bone, thankfully kids were just shock up and a little brusied,
    juansmommy

Comment by juansmommy (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• been in 2 wrecks in a Ford Windstar.. let me tell ya they take a hit well and are relatively easy to work on... in a madza mpv right now is plastic dont buy that... t&c's dont get that great of gas mileage, city wise, but i had one of those too and they are convienent and comfortable...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i had a winstar prior to the tarus engine blew:( but it really was a solid vechile, it was given to us and it really did put up with alot! thanx for mentioning the mazada my landlord just tried to sell his and we passed it up
    juansmommy

Comment by juansmommy (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have a 1999 Chrysler town and country. The only reason I love my van is that it is very roomy. I have 4 kids. Going on trips is excellent. All we got to do is take out one middle seat and there is plenty of room for everything we might need. About a month ago I hit a deer. It was easy to fix and not to bad of damage. Of course my hubby had a 96 dodge caravan and we just moved the parts off of it onto my van. (headlights were the only thing that didn't interchange due to wires)
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 6:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've had 2 CR-Vs. They are awesome. Our first one had over 100,000 miles on it when we bought it. We had it for 5 years and it had around 235,000 miles on it when it was totaled in an accident. It was still running beautifully. We ended up getting an Odyssey when we had our second child. Mine is a 2006 and I have only ever replaced batteries and brakes. My husband liked my Odyssey so much, he bought himself a 2001 Odyssey, which was totaled in an accident (if you ever move to Vegas, carry great insurance!) and he replaced it with a 2003 Odyssey. He also has a 2005 Ford truck, but he avoids driving that unless he has to haul something heavy because the Odyssey drives so much better. I really love Hondas.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I dont trust anything small. I used to drive an Explorer, and i liked it, but i felt much safer in our pickup. Now i drive a 3/4 ton Suburban. I feel MUCH safer in that than anything i've ever driven! But we also needed something we can tow stuff with, so a van or smaller SUV wouldn't have worked anyways.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thank you! I have heard that hondas run forever, i bought my taurus off of a old man who runs a tiny shop, he is greaqt about fixing things when they go but his cars are all older hes trying to but me in a buick century and offering to warenty its engine, but i dont want it lol im in love with both a crv nad a a van
    juansmommy

Comment by juansmommy (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My hub is a HOnda engineer so we are biased, but we bought our CRV- it was a leased car first, but we couldn't part with it. It is very peppy and quick. Handles very well. The hub says it does well in crash tests, and that you are more likely to get hurt in your Chrysler when it breaks down on the side of the road.LOL. I told you we are biased! Good luck. I love the CRV.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011