If you didnt say hi to anybody on FB chat, would anybody say hi to you instead?

haha. i was just thinking this when i began adding people more and more. there could be 10 pple on chat and not one would say hi. i would have to initiate the conversation first.

so sad but oh well.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• whats more sad is i have old friends and new friends that do not say a word to me. im in the same boat.
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Once in a while I will get a chat message. If I don't feel like talking to anyone - I just set my status to "offline". Also, if I get in a conversation that won't stop; I just make a quick comment and cordial exit. No problem.

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 5:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i dislike fb chat! unless i need to talk to someone i will look to see if they are on :) but i think some people would. My 13 year old nephew gets on there and the conversation drags on forever. love the kid but don't wanna chat with him!
    momof3ak

Answer by momof3ak at 5:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i usually don't chat while on there. I did have a "stalker" that if i didn't answer her IM, she would post on my wall that she sent me a message, if i didn't respond then, she would send me an email.... i finally blocked her. her chat was more being nosy about my dh and his job..and to bitch about her dh not working (they worked for the same company) (her dh really screwed up a job and has not worked since, but he is not honest with her about it)... sorry long winded...
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I say hi to those i want to tal to but sometimes they won't respond. I found out some of them are on via mobile and if they don't have the chat feature they'll never get the message and they can't chat. I don't let it offend me. :)
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I keep it shut down so nobody can see me. I don't stay on fb more than a few minutes at a time, and any time a chat window pops up, it's like an obligation to sit and talk to someone as long as they can keep responding.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I rarely chat on facebook, and the few times I did I initiated it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011