Maybe TMI to some.... Is it normal for a 6 year old boy to have a erection in the morning when he wakes up.

Ive noticed my son the past 2 days with one and always thought that something like that didnt happen till near puberty. Normal or not?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 5:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes,he has to pee
    morning wood,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, he has to go potty!!! I also heard Dr.Oz say that its just blood flow to the equipment to make sure it's working. I happens to them several times through out the night. (boys and men)
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yes he has to pee..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Very normal, they sometimes start earlier than 6!

Answer by older at 5:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• completely normal :)
    momof3ak

Answer by momof3ak at 5:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I dont have young sons ...but I have seen my grand boys & yes it is normal just like a man..after they go peepee it goes down!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 5:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• As the other ladies said, it is normal. My nephew does it at 3, my sister gets SO EMBARRASSED!!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yep, the only reason you didn't notice it when he was a baby is because he had a diaper on..... lol
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, it's normal. You did remind me of a funny story my friend told me. Her 6 year old son came running down from the bathroom, crying. He'd been taking a bath, and said, "I was just washing it, and it exploded! Did I break it?" Can you imagine trying to keep a straight face through something like that?
    MissKathleen297

Answer by MissKathleen297 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Totally normal...even my 2 yr old wakes up with a woody
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011