Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Did your x change when he/she remarried?

When I got divorced my x told the judge that he wanted to see the kids on Wed 6-8pm and friday pick them up from the sitters and then have them on Saturdays from 12-8pm . That worked for him he said he wanted to be with his kids everytime he was off. He remarried about 3 weeks ago and OMG he now only wants to see the kids every other weekend, (because he doesnt have $ to feed them) and he wants to take the kids off his medical insurance. (if he does then he has to go 50/50 on the copays and medications.) he doesnt want one or the other. He doesnt want to pay childsupport because I remarried 6 months ago. Frank my now hubby should take care of my kids!!!! Hello they are his.......he has changed alot. My kids used to call him anytime and he would answer now they go to voice mail.....Maybe I'm wrong but if my now husband told me I need to change my schedule we would have a problem because my kids come first!

Answer Question

Asked by selaranda at 5:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 10 (442 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • wow thats sucks for the kids :( my uncle didnt his wife knew how important his kids were to him so she knew to have him she had to be good to them.

    Answer by whitenena at 5:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • I don't think any judge would let him not pay child support. I think if you asked for insurance for the kids that he should pay that. It sucks to be him if he doesn't want the responsibility he shouldn't of gotten remarried. New wives do that to your ex's. I think it is HIS responsibility to raise the kids not your new husband.


    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

  • Sounds like his new wife is the one planting these seeds. It doesnt matter if you remarry legally he is going to be paying child support until they are 18 or graduate hs. I wouldnt stress on the visits. I would go with it and eventually go back to court, however if its been more than 2-3 yrs since child support has been reviewed Id be an utter bitch and ask for an increase.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.