OVERWEIGHT and IVF

I was just wondering how many of you have done IVF and have been overweight, were you sucessful in concieving?? how did you feel??? What did your doctor say?? Whats your story??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I only ever went with IUIs, but I know that weight in itself can contribute to infertility. I conceived all of my children after a small weight loss of maybe 5 - 10lbs. My doctor said that the fat can trap the hormones and make it harder to conceive, and after my experiences, I really believe that. IVF will definitley up your odds, but I would try to shed as much as you can while still eating and drinking enough to stay healthy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thank you! that is helpful i have already lost 4lbs and we are starting with in the next month or two.... so i want too losse as much as possible by then im hoping someone has gone thought this same thing that can help :) but thank you very much!!

P.S prior to this 4lbs, last year i lost 45lbs so im praying that also works in my favor
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm doing weight watchers to get to the weight *I* want to be at before our next fertility treatment. With that being said, there is one more test I'd like to have done before that next attempt, and we are planning on doing that in September, which gives me the Summer to get my weight down.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011