dry skin

what is the best lotion for dry skin/winter itch?

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• virgin coconut oil! It will moisturize and it conditions your skin too.
    Anonymous

• the brand aruba aloe is amazing,, you can really only find it online... also taking a warm (not hot) bath with a few drops of vitamine e is amazing for your skin, if you breakout dont get it on your face!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I like Aveeno oatmeal with the green cap. It has colloidal oatmeal, which helps the skin keep moisture in...I put it on while my skin is still damp to lock water in :) Oh, and we run a humidifier, too.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The company that I work for sells this great lotion called Renew that works. Msg me of you would like to know more
    MamiKD3

Answer by MamiKD3 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i have tried EVERYTHING over the years to get rid of my super dry skin...the only thing thats worked for me is regular old baby oil. i put it on after i shower before i dry off & it makes such a HUGE difference. plus its WAY cheaper than special lotions.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Hello Krazymami028,

How are you? My name is Cassandra Lane, I am a Beauty Advisor with Avon.  For winter itch that is caused by dry skin, I recommend Avon's Moisture Therapy Oatmeal Body Lotion ($8.99).   I would also recommend Avon's Moisture 24 Long-Lasting Hydrating Cream ($10.50),  or Avon's SKIN-SO-SOFT Soft & Relaxed Night Bath Soak.  The skin-so-soft item would normally cost $7.00, but right now there's a sale on it for $3.49

Here is where to get these items http://www.youravon.com/morrislane   Good luck to you♥

P.S. Remember, I am a Beauty Advisor, so feel free to consult me if you have other skin care/makeup issues.

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 12:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• GOLD BOND ULTIMATE! I love this stuff! Right now I have Restoring with CoQ10 but my skin comes with history. I have the same dermatological problem my grandpap has. In my teens it was so bad that he would put his prescription cream on my hands and tell my brothers THEY had to wash the dishes, that I was on drying duty for the winter. It was awful, drying, cracking and bleeding. I would cry when I took a shower because my hands would burn from the water.

Shortly after getting married, DH and I tried Gold Bond Medicated Cream and I did amazing things for me! Grandpap was even able to quit buying his prescription cream because this helped him so much. Now that my skin is under control I use the restoring lotion regularly (all year!). My youngest (7) uses it regularly as well to keep his dry skin under control. Less than $8 at WalMart.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Aveeno products! I use Aveeno Baby for extra dry skin/excema on my kids and have been known to use some myself. Most of their stuff is great!
    PnMMom

Answer by PnMMom at 10:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Gold Bond Lotion is the answer I though untill I found SARNO Lotion IT workd so well that when you put it on your skin feels hot and cold at th same time, I have suffered so that I wanted to die from scratching but I found sarnoi and it is the only thing tht has worked for me. I have had a scratching problem every winter since I can remember. I went to a dermotologist and she perscribed all kinds of ointment and topi cals and a pill that knocked me out but the only thing thaat stopped me from itcdhing was the sarno lotion. I so gratful to sarno that im going to em,ail them a thank you letter. Good luck and I hoe it workw for you as well. I was miserable and ready to leavve my hubby and family heree in the cold country and move in with my parents in Arizona to releive my itchey dry skin. LOL thats how desparate i was. take care let me know if it worked.
    lakewinds

Answer by lakewinds at 3:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Vasoline Clinical Therapy, works wonders, and smells nice
    megdwalls

Answer by megdwalls at 2:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009