Is any diaper a good diaper?

I have been trying to decide on diapers and keep seeing the ads for the G diapers. has anyone used them?

imagen4me

Asked by imagen4me at 6:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• Never heard of them. I like Huggies and Luvs and not all diapers are the same...some give horrible diaper rash and some are very leaky.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I use the FLIP diapers by Bum Genius. There are loads of demonstrations of different diaper brands on You Tube, also, join a cloth diapering group on this site- you will get a lot of helpful input there.

I believe diaperpin.com has diaper reviews. Do know that with cloth you need to use a different type of diaper rash cream- traditional creams (desitin, etc.) are "barrier creams" They will build up on your diaper and eventually effect the absorbency. I love California Baby booty cream and LuSa organics booty balm. Hope this helps:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I use the ones with the color changing line in the front to back. The line goes from yellow (dry diaper) to blue (not dry diaper). As my son got older I got ones with a lot of elasticity. They tend to keep everything in the diaper. That stuff was more important to me bc I change diapers constantly so my kids don't get a rash. And we had an episode in Walmart. Lets just say thats when I made the decision to get diapers that hold everything in.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• are those a cloth diaper brand? I've never used cloth so I don't know if they are good or not. I use Comforts from Kroger. They're just like Huggies only cheaper.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• From what I can tell so far is they are flushable diapers. they have re-useable covers and then the liners are replaceable. what I have read is you can choose either an insert that you flush when dirty or cloth inserts. I was just hear someone who has had experience with them or if there was another brand that could be recommended
    imagen4me

Comment by imagen4me (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have heard that the flushable liners clog some toilets. I recommend FLIP cloth dispers. Target brand disposables are my fab disposables (size 1 and up). I always used pampers swaddlers on new born babies.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2011