Rude in-laws

Okay here goes...
My DH and I have been living with his parents and we have just started our own business. We actually haven't launched yet, because we were trying to get our website up and get flyers done. The only real thing to get done now are the flyers. We have tried to explain this to his parents. Big fact is they hate me, they are extremely prejudice and somewhat racist.
We have been helping them out, and buying groceries, and taking care of their home since they are not home most of the time, and not to mention acting like parents to their other two kids, who need guidance. In the past, my DH has taken out loans and given them thousands of $$$, and NEVER asked to be repaid.
I have worked a job 1/2 the time I have lived with them, but since the business start-up I have not had the money to pay for daycare for my new DD. I am FULL-TIME mom and I get called lazy because I don't have money to pay for daycare or work. I was helping them out at their business for free, and now am told not to come back there.
Then get up this morning and there is a note telling us that we are lazy, and both need to get jobs and get out of their house. The only reason we were staying here was until out business started making a profit, and like I said the only thing left to do is make flyers. They forget we have spent most of our time doing their work around the house, and running their errands and taking care of their kids.
This just doesn't seem right and frankly, I'm pissed. I just keep asking myself do I have a right to be pissed. It is their house, but we would never throw them out if they were trying to accomplish something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• move out... just avoid the drama,family drama is very stressful.Start looking for a jpb,& rent a smaller/cheaper apartment like a studio apartment for a starter) even 1 bedroom is good enough 4 now=) Its affordable & hey its always nicer 2 have ur own place & privacy,just sayin' good luck w/ both of u....
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 4:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• prove them wrong that u guys "CAN STAND & DO IT UR OWN" I'm talkin' by my own experience,cuz sometimes family sucks! I much rather seek help from strangers than family's.Good luck!♥
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Maybe your parents will be more accepting of you.
    Making flyers and having them printed should be a quick job. One or two days. Than you have to wait for response and your business to take off.
    They see things different, it is time for you to move.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My mom is 4 hours away and so we have nowhere else to go until we start getting income. I am pissed because they could have talked to us face to face instead of giving us a crappy note this morning. We didn't even know anything was wrong. Now we are getting the cold shoulder.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You have a right to be pissed but the best thing to do is get in the position to move out and soon. You will have to talk about it or ignore it. It;s up to ou guys to decide which one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• wow, its a shame they are acting this way. too bad you can't leave a note saying well how about the money we have lent you and never asked for repayment. but since you don't have a place to go to i would forgo it. one of you needs to get a part-time job to get your own place fast. obviously they don't want you living there anymore
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• sorry,"job"
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 4:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Tell them you need the loans repaid so you can move. Also, when they have to start paying for childcare and other things you do for them, know they'll feel this more than you!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2011