Cant get it out of my head!

I constantly get this feeling that Im never good enough, that my husband is not happy with me in our marriage. He just seems so distant and I know from day one he never really shows his emotions but i just cant seem to get over it. Were about to celebrate our 3 year anniversary and I just dont feel very close to my husband. Hes always telling me that he loves me, he wont leave the house with out saying it. Maybe Im just very emotional or hes not emotional enough I just dont know what to do.

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to talk w/ him & tell him how you feel- just like you did here. Tell him you need more reassurance but dont be too needy. You have to allow for his lack of ability to express himself. Maybe you can plan a romantic weekend for just the 2 of you to reconnect. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My brother loves his wife. They've been married for 25 years in a solid strong faithful relationship. He would be lost without her BUT he is emotionally unavailable. He cannot and does not show or express emotion, good or bad, happy or sad. He says he isn't able to do that. He's been like this his entire life. His wife years ago had to accept the fact that this was how he is and deal with it or leave him and find someone who could show emotions. She loved him too, so she stayed. She weighed the pros and cons and decided even with this flaw he was alot better than most men she had ever met. Don't know whether this helps or not..

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My ex was very emotionally unavaliable and I never felt good enough or loved even though he would say it. What did help was when we saw a marital counselor and he was able to initiate conversations and get him to open up about things. Ask your hubby if he would be willing to see someone with you. Don't worry about him not loving you, if he is able to say that I am sure he means it!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011